Dear First-Year Students:
I’m writing to remind you that free transportation will be available this weekend if you need to go to the UVA Vaccine Clinic at Seminole Square shopping center:
- UTS buses will run Saturday, May 8, and Sunday, May 9, from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- As before, pickup and return will take place at the East Gate to Scott Stadium on Whitehead Road. The destination sign on the buses will say “Special.”
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the time of your scheduled vaccine appointment.
- Multiple buses will be running at regular intervals, approximately every 10-15 minutes. To facilitate physical distancing at the bus stop, please do not arrive too far in advance.
Another transportation option is Charlottesville Area Transit’s Route 7 bus, which goes to Seminole Square.
Preparation for Your Vaccine: Whether receiving your first or second dose of the vaccine, UVA Health recommends you prepare in the following ways:
- Be sure you are well-hydrated.
- Eat before your visit to the vaccine clinic.
- Bring a legal photo ID that includes your address and date of birth.
- Bring your vaccine card if you have received your first dose.
Appointments in Charlottesville: If you have not had an opportunity to schedule a first-dose appointment or need to reschedule one, you can do so through the UVA COVID Vaccine website or by calling 434-297-4829 (4VAX) Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
All students are encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccination. It is one of the best means of minimizing the spread of infection and protecting your health and the health of others. In the near future, the University will announce its vaccination policy.
Allen W. Groves
University Dean of Students