The Office of the Dean of Students works to provide comprehensive support services and programs to create equitable educational opportunities for all students across grounds. This includes all students participating in the Access UVA financial aid program, first-generation college students, independent students, non-traditional students, undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Our goal is to strengthen the University’s commitment to promoting excellence and affordable access by ensuring all students have the support needed to overcome barriers to access and success while they attend the University of Virginia. Some of the ways that our office accomplishes this are as follows:
- One-on one meetings with students
- E-newsletters with targeted information pertinent to Access UVA students
- Resource guides for successful transition into the University
- Comprehensive Financial Literacy Programs on topics such as: budgeting, completing the FAFSA, and understanding your financial aid awards
- Panels on topics such as housing, study abroad, undergraduate research and other important academic and co-curricular opportunities
- Emotional and Academic support for students having difficulty during their time at UVA
- Collaboration with student organizations that are dedicated to socioeconomic diversity at the University.